Senior Game Product Manager - The Sims
Location: EA Redwood Shores + Open to remote locations
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. It's not just about amazing your peers - it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work dare to dream big and together, we can change the way millions play every day.
As a Product Manager on The Sims, you will work with a large but tight-knit team of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You will summarize insights from market trends, UX research, and player telemetry to develop insights and identify product opportunities. You will then partner with the design, production, and marketing teams to shape these insights into product solutions that meet and exceed goals. You will report to the Director of Game Product Management for the Sims.
- Research trends in our game regarding player behavior, ask thought-provoking questions, and identify opportunities to level up our own products and influence the product roadmap.
- Ensure that the game systems are built and optimized for acquisition, depth of monetization and sustained engagement.
- Work with partners to set goals and important results, partnering with producers and analysts to improve the experimentation roadmap and validation of the critical business questions.
- Be the genre expert - build an understanding within the game team about competing titles, best in class mechanics and important product trends.
- Develop and test hypotheses to improve all game KPIs. Turn data into insights and make recommendations for the game team to improve our games.
- Work with the game design and analytics team to define and implement telemetry/tracking events, reporting and data visualization tools.
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills, including good use of insights to vet product ideas.
- Continuous learning and improving our understanding of how successful games work.
- Experience with data driven decision-making processes.
- Strong team communicator with an ability to unite subject experts to take on complex problems.
- Great attention to detail coupled with the ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize competing needs versus deadlines.
- Understanding of business modeling.
- Experience working with SQL and R or other statistical tools are an asset.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Mathematics / Statistics / Economics / Finance / Engineering / Computer Science.
- Passion for games, especially Life Simulation games.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.