CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER.It's our heritage and it's also our future. Because we don't just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard-when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Games Global Brand Marketing team serves to both manage and grow our extensive portfolio of Games IP including UNO, Pictionary, Scrabble and many others while also bringing to market new IP and new Games based on partnerships and collaborations.
We do that by developing new product extensions and collaborations on our existing brands and by introducing relevant features, updates or promotions to our existing games. Similarly, we work with our design team in developing new Games IP from scratch. We develop global marketing campaigns for our brands, all while factoring in the business management of managing the global P&L and ensuring our products meet our financial objectives. Marketing serves as the connective tissue between our other cross functional design and development partners, finance, our commercial teams and many others.
Games is hiring an Associate Marketing Manager (AMM) to work on the Global Brand Team (GBT), based in El Segundo, managing a portfolio of titles in our Strategy and Party portfolio including Blokus, Apples to Apples, Escape Room in a Box, Balderdash and others. The GBT is responsible for the global brand strategy as well as development of the global product line and marketing assets. The larger team is broken out into several smaller teams by product category. The AMM role will work alongside the segment's Manager, primarily focused on product development, business strategy & marketing asset creation.
What Your Impact Will Be:
* Work in collaboration with the Marketing Manager to manage the product portfolio, marketing activations, developing business strategies, objectives and insights
* Ensure all brand marketing projects are supported by business strategy, objectives and insights
* Work closely with cross-functional partners (Design, Packaging Product Development etc.) to help develop the product line, focusing on proper Mix Management techniques throughout the portfolio
* Plan for global marketing assets including YouTube and social content, lifestyle photography etc.
* Contribute to the planning and execution of global brand building activities, development of global marketing tools and development of content with internal and external groups
* Assist in gaining buy-in to global product strategies at all levels, as well as executional commitment from internal partners to activate across key markets and key lines of business
* Work closely with the Product Design, Packaging and Development teams to bring innovative and compelling toys to market on time and on budget backed by Consumer Insights
* Communicate regularly with regional teams and lines of business to ensure needs are being met
* Present with confidence to drive brand strategy and products
* Brief and develop marketing assets
* Help develop global marketing campaigns for execution at a local level
* Monitor key trends, brands and competitors' performance in all markets
* Lead global business reporting and analysis
* Work with other Mattel Global Brand teams to share plans and 'best practices' around the world
* Act as point of contact for brand inquiries and dissemination of brand information and assets
What We're Looking For:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required, MBA a plus
* Minimum of 4 years (2 years with MBA) experience in marketing, preferably in product development
* Thorough understanding of marketing mix and KPIs
* Experience analyzing data and managing financials
* Ability to synthesize data and pull insights to create recommendations
* Strong skills presenting in front of large groups
* Highly organized, independent and detail oriented with strong follow up skills
* Strong time management, planning and project execution skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid collaborative relationships
* Strong PowerPoint creation and presentation skills, proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel Computer proficiency: MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
What It's Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children's and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us atand.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.