HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services with approximately 12,300 employees, 3,700 affiliated physicians and 3,100 volunteers.
HonorHealth was formed by a merger between Scottsdale Healthcare and John C. Lincoln Health Network. HonorHealth's mission is to improve the health and well-being of those we serve.
Independently reviews financial charts for accurate and complete information. Obtains insurance authorizations. Investigates alternate methods of payment, counsels' patients on financial arrangement, benefits and estimates. Assists with all clinic activities including answering phones, patient scheduling, ordering office supplies, patient registration, and other administrative duties. Prepares insurance remittance for adjustment posting. Maintains follow-up communication with physicians and offices as needed. Able to multi-task and function in a fast paced, high patient census environment.
- Verifies accuracy of patient account/type and demographic data to assure accurate billing/reimbursement and reporting. Completes the registration process and obtains the forms for clinic use.
- Counsels patients concerning financial responsibilities, offering options available to them in conjunction with physician, outside agencies, administration, and product representatives. Acts as a resource for staff and customers on reimbursement, registration, and AHCCS eligibility issues. Also, obtains insurance authorizations as needed for facility and providers.
- Schedules patients according to clinic policies and standards. Also assists patients in coordination of all necessary follow-up appointments including diagnostic tests and imaging.
- Maintains continuous follow-up communication with physicians and offices as needed.
- Reviews charts for accurate and complete information, signatures and documentation. Accepts payments/deposits from patients.
- Abstracts clinical data and information into the Wound Management software programs and maintains reports.
- Prepares insurance remittance for ICD-9 CM and CPT-4 code adjustments posting and performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED Required
2 years financial representative or registration clerk experience Required