|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Apple Customer Application Engineer|
|Job Location(s):||Longmont, CO|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||1 to 4 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||IT - General, IT - Internet/Web Development, IT - Software Development|
Submission for the position: Apple Customer Application Engineer - (Job Number: 120441)
Seagate is hiring a CustomerApplications Engineer to join our design center team. This position is an exciting opportunity towork in an engineering role supporting the customer. The Customer Applications Engineer will work within an OEM focused team and report to the Director of Technical Customer Management. Roles and responsibilities include:
* Conceives and develops solutions tocustomer qualifications, issues, and bridges customer system knowledge tospecific internal hard drive programs.
* Responsible for providing technicalmarketing support for the development and implementation of customerapplications dealing with complex operating systems. The ideal candidatewould have a detailed knowledge of the Mac OS and associated eco-system ofproducts and system level applications.
* Makes presentations on all aspectsof products.
* Assists Technical Customer Managersand Sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meetcustomer needs and preparing detailed product specifications
* Implements detailed customerintegration and field usage support tied to compatibility of the HDDs in agiven set of systems
* Provides follow-up support indisseminating technical information on specific applications.
* Addresses real-time customer inquiriestied to closing issues
* Works on problems of moderate scopewhere analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determineappropriate action. Normally receivesgeneral instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects orassignments. Developing professional expertise; applies company policies andprocedures to resolve a variety of issues.
* Bachelors degree in Engineering or appliedsciences.
* 1-4 years of experience years with engineeringor direct Apple ecosystem experience.
* Experience with Mac OS
* Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic travel)
* Ability to support after hour calls acrossmultiple time zones.
* Masters degree in Engineering or appliedsciences with 1 year of engineering or direct Apple ecosystem experience.
* Degree in Electrical engineering or ComputerScience.
* Communication skills (verbal and written).