We are currently seeking a part-time Fire Investigator to join our team of forensic experts. This person will need to reside in Willowbrook/Chicago or in the Northern Illinois area (Aurora, Joliet, Naperville, Elgin, Waukegan or Cicero. Principal duties will consist of determining the origin and cause of fires involving a myriad of incidents including residential, commercial structure, vehicle, and marine fires.
What the day to day looks like:
- Gathering photographic and physical evidence.
- Conducting investigations to document onsite conditions and overseeing field testing. This includes scene photography, interviewing witnesses, and evidence/data gathering.
- Prepare oral and written reports that document causes of fire or explosion incident.
- Preparing and giving depositions and expert testimony.
- Associates Degree in Fire Science and/or 10+ years of related experience (fire investigator, firefighter, Law enforcement experience) is required.
- Knowledge of fire ground procedures, including fire investigative duties, serving in the capacity of fire fighter, law enforcement specializing in fire origin and cause.
- Experience in fire and explosion investigation and analysis field is a MUST.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word is required.
- CFI-IAAI required.
- CFEI-NAFI desired.
- Must have current IAAI or comparable transcript identifying education meeting with industry standards NFPA 921 & 1033.
- Have current certifications and course related work as it relates to fire origin and cause.
- Possess strong technical knowledge and understanding processing investigative fire scenes (including but not limited to processing fire scenes, photograph documentation, collection and transporting evidence and related duties as assigned.
Rimkus is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.