Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today! To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below to find your next career!COVID Notification:
Candidates selected for a position must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved reasonable accommodation request on file for a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents them from complying with Acuity's mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
To request a reasonable accommodation form, email The Cost Engineer/Estimator will provide cost estimating support to Federal clients and contractors at DOE Site locations in the US. Typical cost estimating activities include:
*Developing bottoms up, parametric, and analogous cost estimates using cost estimating software such as PACES, RACER, MII, RS MEANS, and others.
*Analyzing cost estimates for reasonableness, evaluating management reserve, contingency, Estimates To Complete (ETC), Estimates at Completion (EAC) and EVMS reporting such as Cpi, SPi, etc.
*Determining risk factors and impacts on cost, and analyzing costs uncertainty and outcomes
- Client Management, as well as project and individual team management
- Develop and analyze cost estimates
- Generate reports using Crystal Ball to determine maximum costs based on risks at 50, 80, and 90% certainty levels
- Review contractor schedules using Acumen Fuse and other tools to determine broken links, areas of cost and schedule risks, and analyzing cost variances
- Ensure client expectations of deliverables are met
- Internal and external communication of encountered problems and solutions
- Perform and document detailed takeoffs
- Create estimates, schedules or other deliverables relevant to their assigned discipline
- Create in-house and external communications (memos, letter and reports) for project deliverables
- Undertake literature searches and analyses of data activities for report preparation
- Prepare variance analysis
- Completion and delivery of the final deliverable
- BS/BA in Engineering, Construction Management, Sciences, or equivalent
- 3-5+ years of experience in the design, construction or consulting industry
- 3+ years of project management related activities, including managing a wide range of projects and managing people
- Knowledge of DOE regulations related to project management
- Expert knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to work independently and with a team of diverse staff
- Certification desired as CCP, PE, CVS, PMP
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Proficiency with P6 and cost tools such as PACER, RACER, MII, RS MEANS
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Good eye/hand coordination required.
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For OFCCP compliance, the taxable entity associated with this job posting is:Acuity - PT&C, LLC