Fire Inspector Investigator
IMMEDIATELY HIRING! FIRE INSPECTORS-INVESTIGATORS FULL-TIME Opportunity
$26.00 per hour
We are hiring Fire Inspector-Investigators with a passion for firefighting combined with the drive to succeed and deliver high-quality job products.
Fire Inspectors-Investigators conduct fire inspections, performs plan review's, instructs public safety education programs and conducts fire scene investigations.
- Interaction with contractors/engineers/architects on all construction projects as they are assigned. This may also include interaction with elected officials, building officials, building inspectors, other fire department personnel, fire investigators and law enforcement officers from many different governmental levels and agencies.
- Reviews construction plans, specifications and technical materials for fire code, standards, statute compliance and issues permit's when the Fire Marshal needs assistance.
- Identifies and documents discrepancies, potential conflicts and recommended changes to plans using applicable and adopted fire codes, statues and standards.
- Consults with contractors, property owners and/or permit holders to assist them in resolving defects and deviations from fire codes or standards with approval from the Fire Marshal.
- Schedules and documents daily inspection activities.
- Schedules, conducts and documents public education programs as they are assigned.
- Performs fire investigations and generates cause and origin reports, takes photographs and creates photograph logs, creates sketches of fire scenes, conducts witness interviews and needs to be able to work as a team with law enforcement officers, fire investigators, attorneys, property owners and insurance agencies. These responsibilities may also require testifying for depositions and court appearances as is needed or required.
- Operate and drive a company vehicle.
- Maintain and replenish company vehicle, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and to include courteous, professional and ethical behavior while working cooperatively with co-workers and other members of the public.
- Perform other duties as assigned including those specific to the local operation. Regular attendance consistent with scheduled hours.
- Ability to attend training courses as assigned by the Fire Marshal. This includes in state and out of state.
- Ability to create spread sheets and letters using computer programs (i.e.: Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Current Arizona driver's license.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's Driving Policy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical Fire Inspector/Fire Investigator duties but not limited to bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting at established weight requirements, climbing, working at heights, etc. (Satisfactorily meet company physical assessments/tests).
- Fire Inspector 1, Fire Inspector 2 or IFC certification.
- IAAI Fire Investigator certification 1-4 or other recognized fire investigation certification. (Or ability to obtain within 2-3 years)
- Public Educator certification or experience.
- Plan review certification or experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in the fire service field.
Why Choose Rural Metro? As a national leader in private fire protection services, is one of 's (GMR) family of solutions. Our GMR teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services. View the stories on how our employees provide care to the world at . Learn how our are at the core of our services and vital to how we approach care and check out our comprehensive benefit options at .
*Get paid to work with your friends! GMR is looking for people like you!
GMR Employees, if you know someone like you, have them add your name to their application and receive a Referral Cash Bonus!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing for individuals with a disability.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled